CCTV Chimney Surveys Torrington
Modern Solutions To Traditional Problems
At SJ Chimneys we provide CCTV chimney surveys for a thorough examination of your chimney’s condition.
Our surveys use a specialised CCTV camera to check chimneys for signs of soot buildup, damage, and other issues. Using a camera, we can examine and record the state of your property in exact detail, giving you all the information you need to make an informed decision on whether you need sweeping or repair services.
Whether you have built up smoke damage or a bird’s nest is blocking the chimney, we can find the cause and offer a solution.
The Benefits Of A Chimney Survey
Chimney surveys provide you with the information you need to understand the condition of your installation. CCTV surveys offer the highest quality of information, giving you the best possible idea as to the condition of your chimney. It will show you if any repair work is needed or if it needs to be cleaned.
Other benefits of this service include:
- It will ensure that your chimney is safe.
- These surveys also catch issues early, which avoids potentially costly repairs in the future.
- They can provide evidence to insurance companies, which is very helpful for claims.
- For repair work, I will be able to give you an accurate quote of the work that needs to be done.
- It is also recommended as one of the checks you should make before buying a property. A chimney inspection should be a part of the same set of checks that an electricity and plumbing audit belong to. Understanding the condition of a property you are thinking of buying is essential to understanding whether or not to buy and for how much.
For unparalleled chimney inspection, look no further than our team at SJ Chimneys. Our team boasts years of experience in all things chimneys. This includes inspection, sweeping, and repair work in domestic and commercial properties. We have earned a reputation for high-quality and reliable work; a reputation that we solidify with ever-satisfied customers.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Get your chimney inspected if:
- Before you use it if it has been over a year since you last used it
- You suspect pests, such as birds or insects may be nesting in it
- The weather begins to enter your home through your chimney
- You spot any debris, such as stones or brickwork, in your fireplace
Stop using it immediately. You may be feeling light symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Put out the fire and open all the windows in the room. Then, leave that room. Check in on everyone who shared that room with you and see if they feel the same. Seek medical advice and do not go to sleep.
Carbon monoxide poisoning can occur when your fireplace or chimney is not properly maintained. It is caused by a process called incomplete combustion, which is what happens when the fire does not receive enough oxygen as it burns.
If you experience sudden and unexplained bouts of dizziness or any of the other symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning, you must seek medical attention. After, schedule an inspection of your fireplace to ensure it isn’t a risk to your health and the health of everyone who lives with you.
Contact SJ Chimneys Today
For more information on our CCTV chimney surveys, contact us today. We provide efficient and reliable services at competitive prices. For more information on our services, or to arrange a free, no-obligation consultation, get in touch with our team today.